Sunday, March 20, 2011

Last Day of Break

Michael and I had a nice walk in the park and a very long and not so nice discussion about my overall health and happiness. Since coming to UNCW I have become more than a little unhealthy, as most freshman do, and I have become less than happy and confident in the way I look. I also have degraded socially, I have no friends here at UNCW outside of Michael and this really limits me. I don't go out to movies, club events, athletic games, or night clubs, and I really just spend time with myself alone or with Michael.

Michael and I talked about ways to solve these issues in my life and I have decided that I am going to step up my exercise routine to a mile and a half run three to four days a week. This should help me get back into the shape that I can walk around this confidence and self-esteem. We also talked about therapy to help me with my social anxiety but also my Autism. I am considered a person with high-functioning Autism, in other words I am intelligent and I am able to do many things like a normal person despite my set backs. However, because I am high-functioning there are not as many opportunities for therapy since it not seen as a major issue; not to mention even if there was therapy in my community it would be beyond my budget. Hopefully this is something that I can look into more when I get out of college and have more money.

Tomorrow, I have to get back to school and so this means back to stress. Also tomorrow I go to set up my schedule for school this summer and fall. Hopefully, I will have enough money to not have to work, but I don't think that I will have that luxury.

Keep me in mind as I go back to school; wish me luck for the remainder of this semester!

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment