Thursday, March 3, 2011

Money

I am feeling a little depressed lately, but this is just about money. I really want to take classes in the summer, but I am afraid that if I don't get a job, then I won't have money to live here in Wilmington during the summer. I am also worried that next year I will have to borrow money from my parents next semester. I worry that if I try to work and go to school, then my grades will suffer or that I will spread myself too thin. I am also upset that because the school doesn't offer the courses that I need but once a year, that instead of graduating next summer it will be not this fall but the following at least before I can graduate. This means more money that I don't have.

This is one of the blessings of having a few friends with whom I can correspond with. I was able to fully discover these frustrations and get these feelings out in a email and it truly helped me release my anger and move on with life. I understand that these same issues with money and finances are things that everyone has, especially in this economy, and that more than likely I will be facing these same frustrations for the rest of my life. I pray that I will be able to at least afford an education!

So I have finally failed my first quiz in my college career; however, it will be dropped at the end of the semester, because hopefully it will be my lowest grade. This week I have several things going on, three mid-terms and one quiz, thusly I will be very busy and may not have the time to post as much as I like.

Other things of interest that have occurred, Michael and I went to Safe Zone Ally training, where we became certified as Safe Zone Allies to support LGBT people and their rights as well as to actively fight and prevent LGBT harassment. This issue is close to my heart because I believe this is the civil rights battle of my generation and as a bisexual woman, I am lacking rights that heterosexuals have. I hope that by the time that I am ready to get married, to who ever it may be, that I will be able to marry them and raise a family with them, no matter what sex they are.

I hope that my followers have an amazing week and that they keep me in mind as I take my exams!

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment