Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hope

I am feeling much better than I did yesterday or even this past weekend. I believe that my infection is going away and by the end of the week I should all healed up! Next time Michael and I will use more protection.

Some other good news is that my dad is really making great strides in his therapy and AA meetings. I don't think that I have mentioned this before but my father went to rehab in Febuary for about two weeks and now he lives with my mother and step-father (I know that this is an odd trio, but they are all best of friends). My dad has been on leave from work for more than a month now and goes to therapy from 9-2 five days a week. I am really glad that he is getting help and that he is an environment where he will not be tempted. I am so proud of him for taking the steps to get help for his social phobia, childhood abuse, sexuality, and alcoholism. I know that it takes so much courage to admitt that you need help, to risk the respect and support of your family, to risk your job, to risk not seeing your children, etc. I couldn't be happier that he is making progress and getting the help he needs to be the father that I know he can be!

I wanted to thank my readers, I know that there aren't many of you, but many people have come forth and written to me about how they relate to me and my social anxiety. I am so glad that I am not alone in my feelings. It helps to know that there are other people who experienced the same thing that I am going through; I feel less isolated. Michael is actually doing a Behavioral Journal for his PE class, but instead of it being about him (because obviously he has no behaviors he needs to change) but rather about me. He is journaling my behaviors, mostly dealing with my anxiety, and inserting how he thinks that I can improve these behaviors.

I have mid-terms coming up this week and next, so I hope I do well on those. Wish me luck!

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment